Skin Authority is the place to go to keep your skin healthy and fresh. They have a built in product advisor on their site to help you pick the perfect product for you. Just select your skin condition, the type of product you would like or you can choose by ingredient. For example, if you have acne you can go to the skin condition bar and select acne and it will bring up all the products that would help eliminate your acne. It makes it really easy to shop for what you need. If that isn't enough to help you, they have a live chat and even a skin analysis.
I was lucky enough to get to try two products from Skin Authority: Olive, Fig, Shea Butter Body Cream and Exfoliating Cleanser.
The Olive, Fig, Shea Butter Body Cream moisturizes, restores, detoxifies, protects and heals the skin from negative effects of weather, toxins and environment. While this product is great for your entire body and would be excellent on your face, I have mainly used it on my elbows and feet. Here are the benefits of the Olive, Fig, Shea Butter Body Cream:
- Helps detoxify, replenish, hydrate, and protect skin using oleic fatty and amino acids derived from olive and wheat germ oils.
- Helps restore dry, flaky, and rough skin.
- Mimics the body's own natural oils to attract and retain moisture.
- Helps soften and smooth skin while nourishing and calming.
- Helps fortify and protect the cell membrane and reduce inflammation.
- Helps refine the skin's texture.
- Bright balance of essential oils help reduce stress and promote a sense of well-being.
I have alligator elbows. They are so dry and scaly that they sometimes hurt. With the humidity and sun that I have been exposed to recently, they have been even worse. I applied some of the body cream to my elbows and they instantly felt better. However, hours later they were dry again. After the second application of the body cream, they stayed softer! I have actually gone 3 more days without applying the cream and they still feel better than before. I think I could apply this every other day and never have alligator elbows again!
My feet have also been dry and I have been walking a lot recently since I have been on vacation. After my second day of walking for about 6 hours (in flip flops none the less), my feet were dry, swollen and throbbing. So, I applied the Olive, Fig, Shea Butter Body Cream and rubbed it into both of my feet. I was amazed when I stood up 30 minutes later. Not only did my feet NOT hurt anymore, but they felt moist and renewed. I also love the feel of this cream because it does not leave a heavy, yucky feeling like some lotions and creams do. It also has a nice faint scent. It is hard to describe, but it is smells very natural (natural oils, jasmine, citrus, sage fig and shea butter).
The other product I tried was the Exfoliating Cleanser. It is designed to remove dead skin, congestion, dirt and oil from the face and body. I have been using it mainly on my face and my arms. Here are the benefits of the Exfoliating Cleanser:
- Dual action scrub incorporates gentle exfoliators derived from sugar cane and physical micro beads to help remove dead skin and congestion all over the body.
- Ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Helps remove dirt and oils while lowering the skin's pH to increase absorption of topical applications.
- Helps open hair follicles and reduce oil production.
- Helps reduce irritation.
- Helps remove calluses and Keratosis Pilaris.
- Helps soften rough elbows, knees, and heels.
- Helps skin retain moisture.
- Helps promote healing.
- Helps provide an antibacterial effect.
I have been using this on my arms because I have Keratosis Pilaris. It is a skin condition where you have lots of tiny rough bumps on your arms (sort of like permanent goose bumps). I have also been using the Exfoliating Cleanser a lot on my face. I prefer to do my nightly cleansing with an exfoliater to keep my skin as clear as possible. One of my requirements for an exfoliating cleanser is that it has micro beads. To me, these seem to make a world of difference. Not only does Skin Authority's Exfoliating Cleanser have micro beads, but they have the best micro beads I have encountered yet! They are so tiny that they get into even the smallest pores (like on your nose). You can feel them as you use the cleanser, but they are not scratching and hurting your face like some other exfoliating cleansers can. The Exfoliating Cleanser is a clear, thick gel. The only thing that I would change about this cleanser is the scent. It is another hard to describe scent, but it smells oily with a hint of cucumber. Since the cleanser itself is not oily and you only smell it briefly, it is not a huge deal. It is definitely worth it for the benefits. This is the best Exfoliating Cleanser I have ever used.
Visit Skin Authority for some of the best skin products, or you can try to win some now!
One lucky winner will win the Exfoliating Cleanser!
Visit Skin Authority and tell me a product (other than the 2 listed here) that you would like to try.
Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry (if it says 3 entries, leave 3 comments). If you do not leave separate comments, it will count as only 1 entry. Make sure you leave your e-mail address, or have one visible in your google profile.
- Make a purchase from Skin Authority while this giveaway is active (10 entries!)
- Subscribe via RSS
- Like Skin Authority on Facebook (leave FB name)
- Like Me on Facebook (leave FB name)
- Subscribe to my Newsletter via Email (3 entries)
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
- Follow Skin Authority on Twitter (leave your twitter id)
- Follow me on Twitter (leave your twitter id)
- enter any of my other giveaways (3 extra entries per giveaway)
- blog about this giveaway with a link to this page (5 entries!)
- Add my new button to your blog (10 entries!)
- Stumble this page
- Share this giveaway on Facebook, Myspace, or any other site (leave link) (1 entry each)
- Tweet the following (can be done up to 3 times daily):